The 2019 CIM Summer Institute is Mind Brain Education – The Science of Learning and will be held at ACS Cobham on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 June 2019.
What is it about?
This two-day workshop is a deep dive into Mind, Brain, Education science and how this research can inform, validate, and transform teaching and learning. Purposefully designed for educators within all school settings, this workshop will develop educators’ MBE knowledge, mindsets, and translational skills.
Who will present it?
The institute will be led by Dr. Ian Kelleher and Glenn Whitman from The Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning at St. Andrew’s Episcol School, nr. Washington DC, USA, and authors of Neuroteach: Brain Science and the Future of Education.
What are the aims of the workshop?
- To collaborate in the design, build, and delivery of a two-day Mind, Brain, and Education science workshop for 100-120 teachers and school leaders.
- To provide an opportunity to learn and develop knowledge about Mind, Brain, and Education and how it is connected to the whole child.
- To give ACS teachers and, teachers from nearby local schools, the opportunity to attend a workshop that they would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend (i.e. because it is in the US and the cost would be great)
- To identify ways in which MBE research can inform, validate, and transform educational practice
- To support the development methods to implement MBE-informed strategies in classrooms and evaluate their effectiveness
Who is it for?
- ACS teachers and school leaders.
- ACS Partner Schools and nearby local schools teachers and school leaders.
I would like to attend, what do I need to do?
To reserve your place on the coure please email Latifa Hassanali (email@example.com).
Learn more about The Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning and their Science of Teaching and Learning Academy at http://www.thecttl.org/academy-2019