ACS International Schools is unique amongst most schools in tht we expect our education professoionals to self-direct their professional growth. To help them do this, we provide a range of resources to help our practitioners identify and achieve their professional growth goals. One of these resources is the opportunity to lead a CIM project.
- A CIM project is a one-year action research project.
- A CIM project investigates an authentic, data-informed question about how to improve teaching or learning, arising from your practice as an educator.
- A CIM project generates practical knowledge – ideas for improving the work we do every day to help our students be the best they can be.
- A CIM project involves a team made up of a project leader, team members from one or more ACS campuses, and CIM staff members.
- A CIM project is a professional growth and leadership opportunity open to all staff members.
- and. . . CIM projects advance our school’s strategic goal of improving learner outcomes and contribute to our vision.
If you think you might be interested in leading a CIM project all you need to do is make an appointment to discuss your idea with us.
We will guide you through our planning framework for collaborative inquiry, and help you develop a problem tree, an objective tree, and a theory of action, which provide the foundation for your project proposal.
All the completed proposals will be presented to the Heads of School, who will select the CIM projects for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
The deadline for next year’s proposals is Thursday, 11th of April 2019 – just prior to the Spring break.
The reason we start so early, is that developing a carefully considered project proposal, alongside your other professional responsibilities, requires time.
That means that if you think you have an idea for a CIM project, the time to meet with a CIM staff member to discuss your idea is now.
We will guide you through the process, step-by-step, and ensure that your proposal provides the information the Heads of School will need to select next year’s projects.
Everyone is welcome to submit a CIM project proposal, including individuals currently leading or participating in a CIM project.
The Centre for Inspiring Minds looks forward to working with you.
To download the Practitioner-led Action Research Project Proposal Form click here.
To download the Practitioner-led Action Research Project Proposal Rubric, which sets out the criteria against which the proposal will be evaluated by CIM and the Four-Campus Head of School Committee, click here.
The closing date for proposals is Thursday, 11th of April 2019, for projects beginning in the 2019/2020 academic year.
To learn more about defining a research question go here
To learn more about collaborative inquire go here